Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Featured Vendor of the Day is Debbie Blake-Knox with Moonstone Wellness


Moonstone Wellness offers convenient daytime, evening and weekend appointment hours. 
Contact:       Debbie Blake-Knox
Business:      Moonstone Wellness
Offering:       Massage & Aromatherapy
Phone:         (706) 566-8792
Email is:       debbiebkmw@gmail.com
 
How did you get started in your industry?
Worked at Duke University as an Aquatic Therapist and Personal Trainer specializing in deconditioned and injured adults.  My fascination with how the body heals and how the body breaks down became a curiosity – I worked backwards – from gym, to pool, to massage table…looking for where the most therapeutic work can be done. I absolutely love the potential for healing and relaxation that massage and bodywork offers us! I especially like the challenge of combing therapeutic modalities in a relaxing environment – gives the client more bang for the buck!

How many years have you been in business?
Massage and Bodywork Therapist since 1997

Tell us about your family:
Moved to Columbus in 2003 when my husband got a job at TSYS.  Our two sons attended high school in Columbus. The oldest son is getting his Masters in Accounting and enjoys spending my money – Youngest is studying Computer Science at CSU and is asked to help with Moonstone Wellness business activities a lot!  Massage therapists are not known to be very “high tech” and Debbie admits to being about as “low tech” as it gets! Now that both boys are in college – my massage schedule has opened up and become more flexible.  I am now available to offer a good variety of evening, daytime and weekend sessions.  Please note that during college basketball season – massage appointments are rarely offering if the Duke games are being televised in our area.  Massage appointments during March Madness get very tricky!

Do you have any certifications, awards, etc that you wish to share the details about?
Nationally Certified in Massage and Bodywork with additional training in therapeutic and relaxation modalities.  Certified Clinical Aroma therapist offering private consultations, personalized mixing and blending of products and Aromatherapy Classes.  Reiki Master and Karuna Reiki offering private energy treatments and Reiki classes.  I am available for public speaking, small group or workplace wellness presentations or speaking at your church event.

What do you love about your industry?
I have been passionate about my industry because it offers me many options – I have had the opportunity to take advantage of additional education and training – and more importantly – been in job placements that have offered me the work experience to match my training.  Education is key… experience and learning from your clients is a blessing!

What sets you apart from others in the industry?
I have a genuine respect for each client and a genuine passion for massage therapy.  I made a conscious decision years ago to charge for my time – instead of on a per service basis.  I do not charge different prices for different modalities – or extra for special services such as hot steam towels, aromatherapy oils, hot stones etc.  I am experienced in combing different modalities in one session and am happy to do so.

What would you say is the latest trend in your industry?
Spa therapies have been gaining in popularity the last ten years for sure – but because of the recession – I have found that clients are now expecting both a therapeutic and a relaxing benefit from their session.  Value – it is all about value – they have invested their time and their money in my services.  The upward trend in Mind, Body and Spirit modalities – reveals that the general public is increasingly willing to address their emotional health as much as their physical health – and place a high importance on both – supports my favorite quote:  “Take time for yourself…you are the most important thing on the list.”  By Maryanne Radmacher

Enter our SHARE the LOVE contest to get a free couples massage and more from Debbie!!!  
http://bitsy.me/SHARETHELOVE

No comments: